Achieving your dream home begins before you break ground. Honor Bank plays an important role in your construction project. We will answer your questions and provide guidance to save you money and keep things moving smoothly so that you can concentrate on what really matters: cabinets, flooring, hardware, light fixtures, etc.
Our Loan Program
- During the construction period you pay only interest on the funds that have been advanced
- When your construction is complete, we convert your loan into permanent financing with a fixed- or adjustable-rate option
- Financing available for primary residences, second homes, investment properties, double-wide manufactured homes and modular homes
The Construction Loan Process
- Meet with your Honor Bank mortgage loan originator for pre-qualification
- You provide all required borrower, builder and project documentation
- Honor Bank provides loan disclosures
- Builder and project accepted by Honor Bank
- Honor Bank orders a home appraisal
- Underwriter reviews loan documentation and appraisal for approval
- Documents are sent to title company for signing
- You sign documents at title company and pay remaining costs, if applicable
- Construction loan funds
Construction Period Begins
- 3-12 months, depending on the project and loan program
- Periodic draws during the construction period.
- When the home is 45-60 days away from completion, Honor Bank will obtain updated loan documentation.
- When the completion certificate is issued, Honor Bank orders the final appraisal inspection
- You sign the end-loan documents at the title company.
You Settle Into Your New Home!
Construction Loan Application Checklist
At the time of application, please provide the following information or documentation:
- Name, Address, Telephone and Fax Number of the Builder
- Signed Contract Between Builder and Borrower
- Sworn Statement with all line items identified, signed and dated by the builder and borrower
- Copy of Material Specifications (Specs) signed by builder and borrower
- Copy of Builder’s General Contractor’s License
- Set of Building Plans - foundation plan, floor plan, and elevations (to be sent to appraiser)
This checklist is not intended to be all-inclusive. Some special projects may require additional documentation.
Looking to finance your lot as well? Honor Bank offers Lot & Land Loans.