Honor Bank is committed to caring for the well-being of our customers, employees, and communities, and to our role in supporting health and government agencies in slowing the spread of COVID-19. Read about the latest actions we are taking and find resources for managing your accounts.
Economic Impact Payments
The IRS has begun issuing Economic Impact Payments (EIP). Using the Get My Payment tool consumers can see the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited in their bank account or mailed to them and provide their bank account information to receive direct deposit if it is not currently on file with the IRS. Learn more about the EIP at IRS.gov.
If your IRS refund was linked to your Honor Bank account, you may verify that your EIP was deposited in several ways:
- Mobile App
- Online Banking
- Phone Banking
- Personal eBanking
If you are expecting a paper check you may deposit it into your Honor Bank account in several ways:
- ATMs or local branch drive-ups
- Mobile Deposit
- Our Branch Lobbies are open by appointment. We ask that you call your local branch to set up an appointment. More information on our Branch Operations may be found below.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing efforts for customers who do visit by appointment.
- We are monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and we will continue to provide resources and updates on COVID-19 on our website as it becomes available.
- We have been and continue to actively encourage our employees to stay home should they be suffering from any symptoms related to COVID-19, or if they believe they may have been exposed to someone else with coronavirus.
SBA Payment Protection Program
Honor Bank is participating the SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Learn more about the program and how we can help.
Ways To Bank With Us
Use this chart to determine the best way to tackle your banking needs during this time.